Monday, March 5, 2018

The End of an Era, Farewell to a true friend


It is a very sad day here.  My heart is broken, and I'm a man, suddenly, of few words.  Taxes, yes, college tours yes, but I didn't plan on having to add "write a eulogy" to my week of activities for my beloved Grandmother Nan.   She was a proud woman, she did NOT want to go to the hospital or a nursing home and as it turned out, didn't have to.  Fiercely independent, she was a bear fighting, deer hunting, squirrel hating, outspoken, stubborn, and opinionated but lovable.  My favorite picture of her is above.  That was a dang nice pike!   She was happy yesterday her cardinals were singing at her feeder and seeing her smile yesterday looking at my son, Allwin and at her namesake, Lucy Burton (my sister's youngest daughter), melted  my heart.

I have nothing else to say right now,   I miss her so.

Lucille Danielson  March 14, 1925 - March 5, 2018


My Inspiration
We love you Grandma!

12 comments:

  1. Olaf and family: Our condolences. A life well lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences to you and your family Olaf. Sad to lose anyone, much less someone who has been such a big part of your life as a role model and mentor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Chris, one less person to be on the lookout for a rare bird to chase.....

      Delete
  3. So sorry for you and your family! What a beautiful legacy your grandmother left. And how you honored her! All that love-- may it always live on and on. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olaf - I'm sorry for your loss. I know she was a model and inspiration to and for you. My deepest condolences and wishes for peace in your family. ---- KC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she was more myth and legend than a Grandma sometimes to some it seemed, but she was just Nan to me

      Delete
  6. It is always so difficult to lose a loved one. You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so sorry to hear that and are praying for peace for you and your family. She truly was exceptional.

    ReplyDelete

Trip report the Canary Islands

Agatha Christi once wrote in a novel set and written in Puerto de la Cruz Tenerife Canary Islands Spain “Mr.Satterthwaite passed on down the...