Odometer Mile 4484
Trip Mile 4254
Well here we are, parked at the Cummins Service Center parking lot in Avondale-Phoenix AZ with our second fuel pump issue in tn the last two weeks. We have now camped over at our second Cummins location in the last 900 miles, and instead of getting mad, and I am starting to get mad... let me give you the top ten list of why this is a good thing! It really is!?...?
10. We can watch the entire playoff game with the Dodgers-Brewers today and we don't have to pay for the camping fees or worry about a tree in the way
9. I could not decide which way we should go today, up 17 to Flagstaff, a brutal climb in the snow today (had 4 inches this morning), OR drive up 87 to Payson, only rain, and still a good climb, or go out 60 to Globe, on a suicidal decent and climb out of the Salt River Canyon...now I don't have to decide.
8. I am getting to know all the Cummins locations. I can rate the camping. This one needs better garbage pickup, the one in Sacramento needs picnic tables. I am beginning to think I may never pass by a Cummins shop I don't need. I did get past LA and San Diego, so that is good.
We got to meet some nice Cummins service specialists:
Gerry in Phoenix
Josette in Mesa
Miguel in Sacramento
Can I make it to Albuquerque without blowing a third fuel pump actuator? Where is Cummins in Kansas?
we need to map out trips from Cummnis dealer to dealer apparently
7. Josette gave us some quality pointers in what to buy the next time we buy an RV
like maybe a side radiator.....and she tells us we got 95,500 miles left on our warranty and 58 months to do it...in fact, I beginning to think that maybe at least buying this Tiffin was a mistake. Silja as starting to look at 5th wheels more closely, and I'm wondering if that Ford Diesel F250 can come in yellow..........
6. We saved 112,000 in not buying a Newmar RV, good ...right?
5. If this was a used rig, we might have had to pay for all of this. It is going to get expensive if I had to pay for these. At least the warning lights waited for us to cross the Sonoran desert before they came back on.
4. I get to bird the ole' Thrasher Spot in Buckeye now, and rack up a couple of year birds as I've only tallied Brown, Bendire's, Long-billed and curve-billed thrasher's this year. I could also get a couple of sparrows, maybe I've even get to show Silja Lovebirds at the park, 8 miles east of here....how cool is that!?? Can you put a price on that?
3. We get to eat at my favorite birding restaurant, The Angry Crab in Goodyear AZ tonight. You know, angry crab fits a little what I'm feeling.
2. We can devote more energy to making sure our closing in St.Martin actually goes right today. They don;t want to pay us now, well at a least to a US bank. It turns our Josette is the name of both a service specialist AND the buyer's wife of our villa in St. Martin, what are the odds?
What are the odds of something 16 months in escrow closing on the same day I'm stranded in a diesel repair camping lot. Then again what are the odds a hurricane would come through four days before closing on September 6, 2017?
1. I get more quality time with the wife to enjoy our RV experience. Nothing says togetherness like being stranded together. We will start by going shopping for groceries....that wasn't on the agenda today...and now...we got the whole day, and maybe tomorrow, and maybe...juts maybe Thursday. They pave the parking lot on Friday so we are going to have to go by then.
Broke down and busted, that is the RV life, at least our RV life apparently ...and maybe the Cummins and Tiffin way, too. I'm beginning to wonder....one is a fluke...two...?
I'm not sure I will put up for a third. Bob Tiffin is going to get a call.
All this and only 4000 miles on a new rig. Oh the fun we are going to have in the future!!!!
How the heck do OTR trucks get stuff delivered?
Good thing I don't write a newspaper column or a blog to share what RV and engine brands possibly NOT to buy oh..wait....I do.
for those of you on my blog a few birds that seeing pictures of makes me happy. I need to get happy